“A father to the fatherless …God sets the lonely in families.” – Psalm 68:5-6
The need is vast and the need is great, but the need can be met!
Core to our desire to see children in loving, Christ-centered families is this truth: Families were God’s idea. There are many
incredible agencies that work tirelessly to serve and protect children in the foster care system and children here in the US and
around the world who need ‘forever families.’ However, we believe that the Bible doesn’t commission an agency to take care of
the orphans and those who need families. God commands the church to do this. This is why we exist: to help families and
churches fulfill God’s call to love these children.
Facts about the need around the world:
– In the world today there are 143 million children who have lost one or both parents. That is almost one half of the population
of the United States.
– Every 14 seconds an AIDS death leaves another child orphaned.
– Every year 12 million children become orphans.
– 87.6 million orphans live in Asia.
– 43.4 million orphans live in Sub-Saharan Africa.
– 12.4 million orphans live in Latin America and the Caribbean.
– In Ukraine and Russia 10%–15% of children who age out of an orphanage commit suicide before age 18.
Facts about the need in the United States:
– There are currently 500,000 children in foster care in the United States. Approximately 118,000 of these children are
available for adoption.
– Every year in the U.S. alone, over 25,000 children age out of the foster system with no family to belong to
and no place to call home.
– More than one-third of Americans have seriously considered adopting, but no more than 2% have actually adopted.
– In the four county Panhandle Region (Walton-Okaloosa- Santa Rosa-Escambia) there are over 1,400 children in Foster Care
and over 18,000 in the State of Florida.